2017 was a great year for the club both on the track, roads and country. There was success across all age groups at local, regional and national level with some notable, international vests.
None of this is possible without the help of our volunteers. Whether you are a coach, an official, a statistician, an administrator, a marshal, team manager or work in the portacabin, we cannot THANK YOU enough for your continued time and effort in making this the great club that it is.
The committee are an integral part of the club and it was a challenging time in 2017 as we were faced with many personnel changes in addition to the constant challenge of the (proposed) redevelopment of the sports centre and designated club house. The committee have been working on the following in 2017 and we hope to update you on their progress more frequently.
- Plans for a new track side pavilion
- Investigating our on line services and social media platforms
- Extending our relationships between SAC and the Universities
- Looking at obtaining a club sponsor
- Exploring the possibility of another “club” race
- Possible purchase of Photo finish and EDM equipment
- Renegotiate the agreement with Active Nation on terms more beneficial to SAC
2018 is an exciting time for the club and we continue to work tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure the club develops and progresses, to ensure we can sustain a club that can operate for everyone at all levels. There have been some great additions to the committee as follows;
Mark West is our new club Vice Chairman.
Doctor Elizabeth Pugh (GP) and Andy Palmer are the new club welfare officers.
Tracey Jones is our (acting) Treasurer.
Jon Tilt, David Blackman, James Mann and Becki Mulley also join us.
We welcome our new committee members and look forward to working with you in 2018. Happy New Year!!