Why Join Southampton AC?
There are many reasons to join Southampton AC, the most obvious and important of these is increased access to competition but there are other reasons:
- We have teams in a number of leagues catering for the widest range of abilities, giving everybody competition.
- Access to experienced and knowledgable volunteer coaches specifying in a wide variety of disciplines.
- Regular training at the Southampton Sports Centre or a number of local indoor and outdoor locations during the winter.
- Courses and Development Squads for Young Athletes.
- Very competitive subscription rates.
- A Professional and Proactive committee.
- A Friendly atmosphere.
- A Regularly updated website with News & Results
How Do I Join Southampton AC?
If you’d like to join Southampton AC or have any more questions then email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries related to seniors or for junior membership (school year 4-9) email: email@example.com.
Is Southampton AC For Me?
We aim to cater for all ages & abilities and there are lots of opportunities for training and competition.
Children are able to join the club when they reach school year 4 and there is a specific training group, on club training nights, for 8 to 11 year olds where children are encouraged to participate in a number of Athletic disciplines with an emphasis given to having fun. As athletes mature they are able to receive specialist coaching in their chosen event(s). The club also welcomes senior Athletes of all ages and abilities and there are many specialist training groups appropriate to the athlete’s preferred event.
Competition structure is as follows:
British Athletics League – Men & U20M
UK Women’s League – Women & U20W
Southern Athletics League – Men, Women, U20M, U20W, U17M, U17W
Young Athletes Development League – U13, U15 Boys & Girls and U17, U20 Men & Women
Wessex League – U11, U13, U15 Boys & Girls and U17 Men & Women
Hampshire Cross Country League – All Age Groups from 11 years upwards
Wessex Cross Country League – All Age Groups including U11
Cross Country 6 – All Age Groups
Road Race 10 – Seniors
FAQ’s for young athlete’s.