The following services offer confidential advice from trained volunteers. You can talk about anything that’s troubling you, no matter how difficult:
- Call 116 123 to talk to Samaritans, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a reply within 24 hours
- Text “SHOUT” to 85258 to contact the Shout Crisis Text Line, or text “YM” if you’re under 19
The Samaritans also have a useful mental health self help app, details are here:
To find out more information do go to the NHS website here:
Here is a selection of other services you may wish to consider:
Rethink – The Rethink Mental Illness advice and information service offers practical help on a wide range of topics such as The Mental Health Act, community care, welfare benefits, and carers rights. We also offer general information on living with mental illness, medication and care.
Mind – We provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
HeadFit – Set up by Heads Together to help defence people stay mentally fit and on top of their game. But actually, holds useful information and ideas for everyone
Beat – Beat is the UK’s eating disorder charity. It’s mission is to end the pain and suffering caused by eating disorders. Eating disorders are serious mental illnesses that ruin and, too often, take lives.
Mental fitness and wellbeing articles
- Emptying it – running and mental fitness
- Why suicide was an option
- Coping during lockdowns – a runners view of looking after your wellbeing
- What can we take away from lockdown to improve our mental health
UKA education for Coaches
The UKA run some courses to increase mental health awareness for coaches