DATE – Wednesday 31st July 2019
VENUE – Itchen Valley Country Park
START TIME – 7:00pm start gun
1. COURSE – Following the same course as previous years, this RR10 is approximately 4.4 miles, over grassland and forest tracks. The course is mostly dry at the moment with lots of tree roots, two small sets of steps and some uneven going in places. The rabbits have again been busy once again and have provided plenty of holes to negotiate – please take particular care when running in the longer grass. Road shoes are suitable, but if we have unexpected heavy rain between now and race day then trail shoes might be better for some runners.
2. CAR PARKING – A number of car parks are available at the Country Park, but please car share as much as possible as capacity is very limited. The parking fee has been covered by the league and runners do not need to purchase a ticket . Please park only where instructed to by the car parking marshals.
3. HEADPHONES – Headphones are not allowed to be worn during this race. There are several points in the course where it is essential that runners can hear the instructions of the marshals. Runners wearing headphones will be disqualified.
4. CHANGING & TOILETS – will unfortunately be closed at the park by the time runners arrive.
5. OTHER USERS: We do not have exclusive use of Itchen Valley Country Park. Have fun and race hard, but please also be mindful of other users.
6. THE ENVIORNMENT – we ask all runners to car share by speaking with club-mates and organising sharing via
Facebook. Please try to have at least three runners per car
where possible. We also ask that you bring your own
reusable water cup or bottle so we can reduce wastage from our event.