Hardley Runners – RR10 No. 4 – 11th August 2021 – Cadland Estate, Blackfield, Start Time 7:00pm
It is a single lap of 4.9 miles very similar to last years course. We have run the course a few times in the last few weeks and recommend trail shoes. It is mainly dry, with ruts and roots in places and one small patch of standing muddy water.
Parking will be provided on the Queen Elizabeth II Recreation Ground in Blackfield, accessed from Thornbury Avenue, Blackfield. SO45 1YQ for your Sat Nav. As ever, we expect parking to be tight, so please car share if possible. Parking will be open from 5:45pm.
- The start is 19:00 hours promptly. Please allow plenty of time to arrive – the A326 will be busy with traffic in the evening.
- Please bring your own water bottle, if effort to reduce waste no cups will be provided.
- Midges and Tics are out in force, please wear bug spray.
- We do not have sole access to the Cadland Estate, which is popular with dog walkers, cyclists, horse riders and other users, so please be considerate to the local residents.
- The Cadland Estate is also home to horses and cattle.
- The route is a mixture of grass, trail and muddy sections. Water can accumulate and tree roots, ruts and low branches are the some of our interesting features. These will be indicated by marshals.
- Please be considerate to other forest users and be aware of cattle, horse riders, cyclists and dog walkers on route
- There are some rabbit holes on the course, Marshalls will be in place to warn of these.
- If you could be quiet as you go past the Pond it would be appreciated by the neighbours
- Any further questions, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you all next week!
The following measures will apply as part of our Covid risk assessment:
Competitors are asked to bring their own water bottles for refreshment
Stay away if:
- 1. you have a cough, fever, loss of taste or smell.
- 2. you have been in close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 until you have completed the prescribed quarantine period, even if you are symptom free.
- 3. you have been asked to isolate by NHS test and trace because you are a contact of a known COVID-19 case.
- 4. you are waiting for a covid-19 test.
- 5. you are waiting for the results from a covid-19 test.
- 6. You have tested positive for covid-19 within the last 10 days.
- 7. you have been advised to stay at home by a health professional
Competitors who fall within at risk groups to take particular care and/or make decisions on attendance with due consideration to the risks associated with COVID-19.
No toilets will be provided